I'm Chrissy. Between ministering alongside Rev. Hubby and mothering my three Chickadees, life can get pretty busy. God is faithful to teach me through the everyday things. Nothing complicated. Just finding His treasures in today.









Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Safety Restraints


Google Images
                                                                        
The Baby Bird, now 21 months old, has never been the best car-rider. I've listened to her fuss and whine much more in the car than the other two combined. But, since she's the third, you kind of learn to tune it out.
A couple of days ago, we were on our way to...well, I have no idea exactly where we were headed, come to think of it...and I put Baby Bird in her car seat. 
If only there had been a ringside wrestling announcer, then the scene would have been complete. I literally had to lay on her hips in order to buckle her in. And she weighs, at most, 22-23 pounds. But she is STRONG and has a bit of a stubborn streak in her. 
You'd think that after hundreds of times being strapped into her seat, she'd get the picture that, no matter what, the buckling was going to occur. And here I am, teeth gritted, trying to literally single-handedly get points 3 and 4 buckled into point 5 of the 5 Point Harness. 
"This. Is. For. Your. Safety!" I told her. I guess she finally got the picture that, yet again, all of her bucking and flailing would not keep her from being safely buckled into her seat. But she didn't go down without a fight, let me tell you!
You know, God has laid out all kinds of rules and guidelines--safety restraints--in the Bible to help us on our way in life. And even though we know what they are, we buck against them, thinking that we know best this time. "This. Is. For. Your. Safety!" He's probably telling us. "I'm telling you this because I love you and want what's best for you," He adds. Just like we do with those we love. He wants to direct us on the path to righteousness which means having to be restrained from unrighteousness, right?  For our safety. Because He loves us.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws. I have suffered much; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word. Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.
Psalm 119:105-108
New International Version 1984


 

1 comment:

  1. ooh, touchy! And isn't it just like us (me) that when we're right in the middle of something that we don't even stop to think about the fact that we can't see everything...that He sees the bigger picture and really does have good intentions!?!

    ReplyDelete